One of our favorite pit-bull advocates and rescue ladies from Pit Bulls and Other Animals nominated Aimee's Rabies Exemption Law for a Liebster Blog Award! Here's the low-down on the Liebster Award:
EMT April 10, 2013 at 9:05 AM Hello! Just stopping by to let you know I have nominated your blog for a Liebster award. Visit http://thefivedogblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/liebster-award.html for all the information!
More info was excerpted from The Five Dog Blog:
I'm relatively new to the blogging world and was not familiar with the Liebster Award and what it really meant. So I jumped on my trusty Google browser and started searching. Most of the entries were other blog posts from blogs that had also received this award, so it seems legit :). I like awards. And the Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 200 followers to help spread the word about their blog. I like followers :).I figure it's kind of like a chain letter - a blogger to blogger award. And even though it's a chain letter, it's still fun to get to know other bloggers! Apparently, liebster is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Seriously, that is a lot of adjectives for one damn word! Maybe some of my German friends can tell me if that's a real translation or just chain letter nonsense.
Right, so time to pay it forward. Liebster rules:
- List the nominator's blog on your blog roll with a link.
- Answer a set of 11 questions asked by the nominator.
- Provide a list of 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 qualified blogs (less than 200 followers) for the Liebster Award and let them know through a post on their blog page.
- Provide a set of 11 questions for the nominated blogs to answer.
- Display the award on your blog!
Questions for me to answer:
- Describe yourself in one word. Talented
- If you had a time machine, would you travel to the future or to the past? Past!
- What is your favorite city? New York
- Do you write more than one blog? Yep!
- What is your favorite time of day? Mornings when I have quiet time for coffee and writing.
- If you could have lunch with a famous person, from past or present, who would it be? Anais Nin
- Coffee or tea? (Or neither?) Coffee
- What is your favorite flower? Lilies
- What do you like best about blogging? I am always learning, writing and sharing
- What is your favorite season? Autumn
Random factoids about myself:
- I was a straight A student
- I was voted best dancer in my high school
- I have a great voice and sang in a trio
- I was a flight attendant for Eastern Airlines
- I love fine art
- I taught myself to sew last year and redecorated my entire house
- Comedian, Buddy Hackett, once served me breakfast in bed
- At 40, I bought an Arabian horse and learned to ride
- Gardening is my secret vice
- I whistle while I work
Questions for my nominees to answer:
- What animal would you come back as? Cat
- What is your favorite food? Ice cream
- What is your pet's name? Matisse was my last pet
- Who is your hero? Every woman I know who fosters dogs and cats
- When you have only thirty minutes, what do you do? Write
- What is your hobby? Writing
- Favorite song? River by Joni Mitchell
- Favorite book? Anything by James Lee Burke
- Favorite movie? Crazy Stupid Love
- Do you have a pit bull story? Dodie, my first dog was part staffie. She was with me from 18 months until I was 12. A neighbor poisoned her because she defecated in his yard. Her death agony woke me up. There was nothing I could do for her.
- What is your Indian spirit guide? White Buffalo