My over-vaccinated standard poodle has suffered for years with allergy symptoms including an overgrowth of yeast in the ears and on the skin. At its worst, the skin inside his thighs turned black. And the smell! Ugh. Poor puppy.
After much trial and many errors in finding safe, gentle, effective remedies for this condition, I learned that daily probiotics really help. They're also a Godsend for dogs or cats suffering in other ways. For instance:
- Treat diarrhea Help cats and dogs in shelters manage the stress of abandonment and confinement
- Alleviate GI upset while pets are being boarded
- Reseed the gut with beneficial bacteria after a round of antibiotics
- Calm digestive upsets caused by travel and dietary changes Improve digestion and stool quality in large and giant breed dogs
- Boost immune system function, especially in pets that are very young, elderly or have compromised health
Dr. Karen Becker, Mercola Healthy Pet, says don't waste your money.
Have a look at her simple, no-nonsense, down-to-earth rationale.